Dates and venue of the next Intensive English Course for Radiographers will be announced soon!
Previous course structure available here
Technical language for Radiographers: dedicated sessions will be provided which will cover the key terminology used in general radiography,
computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and interventional radiology (IR). There will also be a radiographic image viewing sessions focusing on image critique, radiographic anatomy and
pathology. A published peer-reviewed journal article will be reviewed in order to familiarise participants with the language used. A glossary of key terminology used will be provided for all participants along with
Communication with patients in English: separate practical role-play scenarios for radiographers will be conducted in the clinical skills laboratories at University of Malta where participants will interact and discuss standard questions that would be directed at patients, terminology related to the associated area of expertise and how best to explain this to patients, and terminology related to equipment specific for radiography.
Preparing for conference presentations:
This will start with the first stage of presenting at a scientific conference i.e. submission of an abstract. A scientific abstract related to your area of expertise will be reviewed and discussed in small groups and a
presentation delivered on this topic followed by questions and answers. Presentation skills will be covered throughout the course through sessions exploring presentation structure, useful phrases, and linking
sections. Sample videos of good and bad scientific presentations will be reviewed in class. Participants will be required to give an informal initial presentation followed by a short, formal scientific presentation at the
end of the course.
Other Course features:
• Sessions will be delivered by a number of expert Radiography lecturers together with experienced English language lecturers;
• A clinical visit at the University Hospital highlighting roles and responsibilities of the radiography professions in Malta will be included;
• Accommodation can be provided for one week (6 nights) at the University Residences;
• There will be a maximum of 15 students per professional group;
• Certificate of completion will be presented to all participants at the end of the course;
• 5 ECTS credits will be issued to each participant at the end of the course;
• Evening events will be arranged for all participants during the course.
Check what we offer on our YouTube page: